About Maya

My name's Takas Neşeli, but everybody just calls me Maya. My Mum named me that after one of those funny dogs with no scent from the TV. That's an anagram for 'My Amazing Young Anatolian', whatever an anagram is. I'm five years old, I weigh 55 kilos, and I am fawn with a black mask, but I have a white tail tip too. I live with my Mum and Mum's pets in sunny Townsville, Australia.

Welcome

Welcome

Sunday 16 March 2014

Well, this is different...





So, it all started yesterday. At first, I thought we were just visiting Work and saying hi to all the people who like to give me pats and attention, but as it turned out we were there for a special reason.




...That reason was Mum getting all her hair cut off. She did this because of something called 'World's Greatest Shave' which is when humans make their hair short or colourful and their friends and family give them money for it, and the money is given to sick people. Sometimes when the people are sick, all their hair comes out, so that's why people like Mum shave their heads, to show friendship and support to these sick people.
Before we left, I got to play with a breed of dog I'd never seen before, called an 'Akita' which are originally from Japan. Work is always good for meeting new people, and new dogs.







Ayla from Bubbles & Bows making me colourful
Today, it was my turn! Don't worry, my fur didn't get shaved because I wouldn't be able to use it to keep my body cool and stop sunburn if it did, but it did get drawn on. Now I'm all sorts of different colours... well, I can't see all of them, but everyone assures me I'm very colourful. 

After I got coloured, we went to Riverway and met Guin and Arthur! Arthur had a haircut and he had been coloured too, but Guin hadn't. Then Austin's Mum, Dani, came to take some photos of us. Sadly, Austin did not come. I got lots of cuddles from Dani and from Austin's Dad, Rhys, to make up for not getting to see him. 

I wonder if the dogs at Agility will laugh at me this week...





Still, Mum and I raised a lot of money for the sick people - over five hundred dollars, Mum says. I don't know exactly how much that is, but it sounds like a LOT of dog treats! It was very nice of so many people to help us by giving us some money. Mum and I might look different for a while, but that's okay by us.



No comments:

Post a Comment