About Maya

My name's Takas Neşeli, but everybody just calls me Maya. My Mum named me that after one of those funny dogs with no scent from the TV. That's an anagram for 'My Amazing Young Anatolian', whatever an anagram is. I'm five years old, I weigh 55 kilos, and I am fawn with a black mask, but I have a white tail tip too. I live with my Mum and Mum's pets in sunny Townsville, Australia.

Welcome

Welcome

Wednesday 25 June 2014

Agility Adventures are the BEST!




Goldie's manners are getting a little better


Agility has been super-fun because me and Mum have gone up a class so I'm learning all sorts of new obstacles and tackling new challenges! My favourite things are still Tunnel - now sometimes we do a jump straight after the Tunnel which is excellent! But I also REALLY love practicing for Teeter. That's like a big see-saw, and to practice for that we do a couple of games. The first one is called 'see-saw smash' and basically you put your front paws on the edge of the Teeter board and smack it into the ground so it makes a 'clunk' sound. Then you get a treat! The second game is a board that doesn't move at all (yet) that you run up and get a treat at the end! You should see how fast I can run up that board! I get lots of practice because when we're at the Strand, Mum lets me walk along the little walls there, so Teeter practice is no problem.

After Agility was over, we stopped my Grandma's place and I had a play with Goldie.


She's still crazy.

I also caught up with a human I haven't seen since I was a puppy! Human is, confusingly, called 'Grandma' but my Grandma calls her 'Mum'. She is very nice and gives very good pats.



We only had time for a quick visit before we had to go home and cook tea. But I did help warn away a silly human from Grandma's house. (Sometimes humans drink a special drink and it makes them loud, unsteady and more than a bit weird). Because Goldie is only a puppy still she doesn't know who to bark at and who to let pat her, so I set her right - silly drunk humans hanging over the fence should be barked at! But once they went away, me and Mum went home - all the Agility and playing really wears a dog out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment