About Maya

My name's Takas Neşeli, but everybody just calls me Maya. My Mum named me that after one of those funny dogs with no scent from the TV. That's an anagram for 'My Amazing Young Anatolian', whatever an anagram is. I'm five years old, I weigh 55 kilos, and I am fawn with a black mask, but I have a white tail tip too. I live with my Mum and Mum's pets in sunny Townsville, Australia.

Welcome

Welcome

Monday 6 July 2015

The Apex Adventure


This weekend Mum and I went on an amazing Adventure, going somewhere totally new to me, Apex park, by the river. Mum says she used to take Zeke there all the time because they used to live nearby, which is part of the reason Zeke is such a good swimmer. (He taught me to swim as a puppy). 

 I most certainly did NOT fall in. It was on purpose.







First, we explored a track alongside the river, where there were plenty of good things to sniff, plus there were some pretty impressive trees.

Like this one, growing over the water

And this hollow tree, growing on a little hill of its own
There were lots of excellent places to explore, and Mum even let me walk out on a few of the sideways-growing trees over the water. I kind of think she knew I was considering jumping in though...



 There were bridges and boardwalks over some sections. I didn't really understand why, but Mum says sometimes when it rains there are lots of little creeks running down to the river, so then you need bridges.


After our bushwalk, we checked out the park further down. 

I don't know what this is, but I want one.

 I enjoyed the park very much. So many things to climb!


One of these too, please Mum!
 Of course, we had to stop for a rest break!

With a river view

 Before we left, Mum took me down a little ramp to a dock right by the water. She warned me it was cold, but then, she doesn't have fur as warm as mine. 

Okay, so how wide is this platform?
Not that wide. (Also it was a little cold...)

All in all, Apex Park was a really fun place for an Adventure. It's a pity it's such a long car ride away, but then again, I suppose we are lucky we have a beach, river and a park near our house in the first place.  

 




No comments:

Post a Comment